Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We Sprung A Leak!

I find if funny how things happen. Just last night at bible study I was complaining about problems we have had with our house. Granted they aren't major thing but just things. Like our master bath wall is slanted which causes water to spray out of the doors, our back door has NEVER quite closed right, we still have a white vent-a-hood after countless attempts to get a black one, then our house isn't level everything seems to slant to the right once you get on my kitchen. So like I said nothing major....until 1 am this morning!

I was asleep, of course, and Aaron comes in the room ans says hey Jess you asleep? My response huh, yeah why what's going on you okay? He says we have a leak. I, still half asleep, say okay well fix it. Well it's more than just a quick shut off the source until morning. Our crooked master bath wall I mentioned earlier, yeah you guessed it, there is a leak in the wall!!!! So water has started to run into our bathroom floor but oh yeah guess what else it has seeped through to our bedroom wall and now soaking our carpet!!! When we realize this Aaron of course says a few choice words and we start to come up with a strategy.

Well come to find out you have to take the whole wall down to get to the leak, oh and here is where it gets fun....we don't have the tool to remove these oddly shaped screws!! On the up side we believe it only leaks when you shower so we are avoiding that at all cost. (Don't fret we have another shower we aren't walking around shower less.) So my afternoon will most likely consist of taking down a wall, fixing a leak, and hoping our carpet or wall aren't messed up. Oh what a fun day it will be in the Willoughby house today :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I can honestly say, "I know how you feel!". Do you have homeowner's insurance? If you do, call your agent ASAP. Take it from somone who knows. :)